After three-and-a-half years of being a family on five acres, with a big house, five outbuildings, and assorted charismatic livestock, we're now a family in a cozy little colonial nestled in the woods on less than two acres. We've traded small-town M*dwest for small-town New Engl*nd, landing where I spent my first eight years and Don and I were married 10 years ago.
I was happy that our big move fell in December. Oh, sure, there was all the Christmas stress on top of the move stress, but at least I could wrap up the old blog in 2012 and launch the new one in January (I like things nice and tidy, you know). I've had it on my to-do list for months now, but there were always other things preventing me from doing it "right."
Of course, there was unpacking and getting settled (the whole p.o. box situation has been even more hassle than we'd feared). Then, there was the matter of an ideal name. I also wanted the woman who designed my last blog to do this one as well, but I haven't been able to reach her. As each blog-worthy event has occurred, I've tucked it away in memory (very dangerous), waiting until I could launch the new blog perfectly and catch up. Meanwhile, the days and weeks have slipped by.
A week or so ago, I read something on another blog that I don't remember hearing before: "Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." It was attributed to V*ltaire, and it was meant for me. But just in case I wasn't paying attention, it popped up in three more places over the next few days. They say coincidence is God acting anonymously, and I think He was trying to tell me something.
So, I've decided to take the advice of an 18th Century Frenchman (delivered by a Higher Power?) and jump in. Here it is, the new blog, although not perfectly named and still under construction. I look forward to sharing with you the continued adventures of our little threesome in our new (but oh so familiar to me) setting. Thanks for reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment