Last winter, Sarah didn't show much interest in selling Girl Scout cookies. She approached family and helped staff booths at church and our local market, but that was about it. When other girls in the troop received their incentives for selling and she came away with just a patch, she didn't say much, but I could tell she was disappointed.
When it came time to sell nuts and candy this fall, she was motivated. She scoped out the list of incentives and set her sights high. She sold to neighbors, church members, and family far and near. I was amazed at her assertiveness, given her usual reserve with others. As I've said many times, however, when Sarah sets her mind to something, she will move Heaven and Earth to make it happen.
When the incentives were handed out at the meeting Monday evening, she was quite pleased to receive a mini diary (with lock), a stuffed otter (whom she named Cadia), a rainbow rucksack, and a bracelet kit, along with four patches for her vest. Thank you to all who supported her efforts!


No comments:
Post a Comment