Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Week in Entertainment

Last week, in the space of four days, Sarah, Don, and I each performed in public, Sarah twice.  I doubt we will ever have a streak like that again.  I wish I could post the videos, as photos don't do the performances justice, but the files are too large.

Sarah is in her school's lower elementary chorus.  They meet during lunch recess once a week to practice, and they had their first concert last Thursday.  They sang "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" and "It's a Small World."  Sarah did beautifully.  None of the nerves of the past.  She is now a show girl.


The very next night was "The Ding Dong Show," an annual event sponsored by our church, where local kids take the stage to showcase whatever talents (or lack thereof) they have.  Sarah sang "My Favorite Things" with her friends Molly and Ruby.  Ruby's parents accompanied them on guitar and violin, and Molly's little brother held up pictures that corresponded with the lyrics.  It was great. Sarah stepped up to the mike and sang loudly and clearly.

The finale of the show is always a performance by The Church Ladies, of which I am now one.  Last year, we were seniors waiting at the doctor's office who broke into dance to "Gangnam Style."  This year, we were playing bingo, then danced to "Happy."  The kids love it.  Alas, I don't even have a photo of this one.

Sarah with her friends Emily, Katelynn, Ruby,
 and Molly before their performances

On Sunday, our church's choir was joined by one from a neighboring town to sing the "Gloria" cantata by Vivaldi.  It was an ambitious undertaking, and our plucky little group, with Don as the only tenor, practiced for months.  Their hard work paid off in the form of a lovely performance.



Don is in the back, the second from the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment