Halloween is not a big holiday in our house. Don and I would rather skip it, and Sarah isn't overly excited about it, but we manage to do it justice every year.
Don and Sarah usually handle pumpkin-carving, but he was busy with wood-cutting last weekend, so Sarah and I did it. Actually, all I did was cut the top and hold the pumpkin while she did the face...the first time she's done the carving. She did a great job, and it was one of the nicer mother-daughter experiences we've had. As she gets older and more capable, I'm finding our power struggles are fewer and farther between. I know that dynamic will probably change again, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.
Halloween was also Crazy Hair and Hat Day at school. Of course, Sarah looks adorable no matter what, but this style was just crazy enough for both of us.
Sarah was a ballerina for Halloween and put together her costume on her own. Thanks to YouTube, I learned how to make a bun with a sock (so cool!). Don took her to town for the Rag Shag Parade and activities at the church, fire station, library, and local restaurant. The town really goes all-out for Halloween. I ran the roulette table at the church this year.













No comments:
Post a Comment