As always, we had a busy few weeks leading up to Christmas. I enjoy this time so much and am grateful that our celebration isn't focused on just one day.
This was the year that Sarah gave in and participated in the Christmas pageant at church! She and her friend June carried in wreaths for the hanging of the greens then played angels in the pageant. I was so proud to see her up front!
We returned to Justamere Farm in Worthington for our tree. It's just the right distance from home, with a beautiful drive that ends with a stretch down a remote dirt road, making it a quasi-adventure.
Sarah was a big help making cookies this year. She can do most of the steps herself, which cuts down on power struggles. In fact, we made it through the sugar cookies with barely a raised voice. :) She loves to decorate them.
Sarah wasn't keen on going to Santa's Trains this year, but I coaxed her into it. We had fun doing the treasure hunt for items among the many train sets, and I enjoyed the trees (decorated to match various Christmas stories), but she didn't want to go near Santa and Mrs. Claus. She did, however, have the elves check to make sure she was on the Nice list.
As is our tradition, we went to Brewmaster's Restaurant for dinner after. In the past, it's been a cozy, festive atmosphere, some years with musicians singing and playing holiday tunes. This year, a woman in the booth next to ours carried on a loud, 10-minute video conversation with family who were unwrapping gifts. Unbelievable. Perhaps we'll start a new tradition next year.
It was cold for Caroling on the Green, but Sarah and I bundled up and went anyway. Don had a bad cold and stayed home. George and Chelsey came this year, which was very fun. And the horses were magnificent, as always.
I really appreciate our small home at Christmas-time -- it's easy to fill with decorations! The huge poinsettia was a gift from our neighbors (for one measly night of dogsitting!). We added a spotlight to our outdoor repertoire this year and were fortunate to have a snowman among the lights.


























No comments:
Post a Comment