Easter was not a big deal this year. Between the pandemic, not having our own church anymore, and an emerging teen, let's just say it's lost some of its luster.
Egg-coloring was a comedy of errors. For some reason, I decided to boil the eggs on the stove instead of cooking in the Instant Pot and managed to crack most of them when draining the pot.
We were planning to color them Saturday morning but ran out of time so decided Sunday morning would work, since we had no other plans. The process went fine--we tried adding oil to the dye and got nice results. The cracks added texture to the designs. :)
Mom and I were planning to attend sunrise service at the cemetery, but when the predicted temps were in the 20s, we lost motivation. I watched the Haydenville Congregational Church service on Zoom, which wasn't quite the same as belting out "Christ the Lord Is Risen Today" among a congregation.
I took Sarah's annual Easter photo on the porch, minus the fancy dress and tidy hair. We seem to be at the phase where she doesn't want to dress up because she's not a little girl anymore, yet hasn't become overly concerned about her appearance. Fine by me. Oh, and the tulips were dying.
We visited Mom in the afternoon and brought her coconut macaroons. They're my traditional Easter cookies, and they were yummy as always! Mom didn't make baskets for Forrest, Sam, and Kelley this year, but she went overboard on Sarah's--filled to overflowing with candy and art supplies.
Soon after we got there, I got a message from my cousin that my Aunt Janet had died early that day. She was 89 and had recently recovered from a fall but apparently had a heart attack. :( Then, Kelley and Forrest arrived, and we all had a nice chat through masks.
Don made ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner, which was delicious, as always. I sacrifice my vegetarian principles once a year. :)
Monday morning, I cracked a colored egg, and it ran all over the place. I had undercooked them. I reboiled them, and all the color came off. Another pandemic Easter in the books. At least this one got its own blog post.






No comments:
Post a Comment