Sunday, September 12, 2021

On to 8th Grade

Sarah started 8th grade on Sept. 1. No more sweet little-girl outfits...she wore a cropped t-shirt and tattered jeans shorts (like most other teen girls, if the first-day photos on Facebook are any indication). I didn't approve completely, but I count myself lucky that she's still fine with thrifted attire.

She's on the school gymnastics team again, with daily practice after school. Her private gym has finally reopened, so she's on the team there, as well, with practices Tuesday and Thursday, following school practice. Our schedule will be hectic until mid-November, when the school season ends.

The bus comes at 6:45 a.m., so she gets up before I do some days. Since her phone isn't allowed in her room at night, I bought her a clock/radio. She was cool to the idea, until she saw how it works, and now she thinks it's pretty cool to wake up to music. What's old is new again!

I'm a little anxious about how things will play out with COVID. Masks are required in school, but vaccinations are not. We've already received our first positive-case notice of the year.

She had her physical last week, and she's now half-an-inch and a couple of pounds bigger than I am. Hmmm, maybe I can borrow those tattered jeans shorts. 😆



No comments:

Post a Comment