Saturday, May 14, 2022

Celebrating Dad and Moms

Don turned 70 last Saturday, and, in an unusual occurrence, Mother's Day fell the day after. That made for a busy weekend.

On Saturday, I made Don's favorite dinner -- lasagne. I also made a walnut cake that Sarah frosted with maple frosting. I wish I could say we did something special to mark the occasion, but he's a pretty low-key guy, and I was in the kitchen most of the day. Unfortunately, he was there with me some of the time, preparing for Mother's Day. My Facebook post celebrating him garnered 99 reactions and 81 comments, so there's that!







Sunday, we brought my mom to my brother George's house, about an hour away. He has a beautiful colonial on nearly 100 acres of field and forest, with a barn, garage, and large pole building. We hiked the trail system that he's built, and Abby and his goldens retrieved tennis balls to their hearts' content and swam in his pond.

Don provided dinner, bringing potato salad and kebabs to grill. Mom made apple crisp for dessert. It was a lovely day and one of the best Mother's Days I've had.





No comments:

Post a Comment