On Juneteenth, we drove to Connecticut to visit my Uncle Bill and his partner Jane. We try to get together once a year, but they were super cautious about COVID -- more so than I was, which is saying something -- so we hadn't seen them since Christmas 2019.
Our first order of business was meeting their new kitty Bella, who joined the family last fall. She is a beauty and was quite social, given that, well, she's a cat, and we were the first visitors she'd had. We enjoyed a lunch of New Haven-style pizza, salad, and Arethusa ice cream on their screened-in porch.
They had just bought a new vacuum cleaner, and the assembly wasn't as straightforward as it should have been. Don brought some tools, and before long, they were in business. He is the handiest man I know!
Uncle Bill and Jane are both special to me -- he since I was born and she for more than 45 years! I was so glad to see them once more and hope we'll never go so long without a visit again.

No comments:
Post a Comment