Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Fun at the Fair

A couple of weeks ago, we went to the C*mmington Fair, the "Biggest and Best Little Fair in the Country."  I remember going as a kid and wanted to share it with Sarah, of course.  It is quite small and turned out to be just the right size for a couple of hours of family fun on a beautiful late-summer day.
 

 
 
Sarah was excited for the rides.  We all went on the F*rris Wheel, which offered great views of the fairgrounds.  She rode the merry-go-round with me standing beside her.  Then, I talked her into riding the cars on her own.  She wasn't sure about this, but she hung in there and even let a smile escape.



 

 

 
 
I was excited for the horse pulling.  I love working animals, who seem to enjoy their jobs so.  Sarah liked it, too; she got a real thrill when a team would fail to stop after completing its turn and try to pull the stone boat into the waiting area.  We were serenaded by Jose D*ddy, "Maine's #1 country music singer and entertainer," while we watched.  He sang hit after hit from the 50s, 60s, and 70s, accompanied by a laptop computer.
 
  
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment