Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thanksgiving

With Thanksgiving so late this year, I feel as though I jumped into Christmas as soon as it was over.  So I'm rather behind on posting photos.
 
It was a quiet one at home, with Grammy as our guest of honor.  She came mid-morning and watched the parade and dog show on TV with us, something I could see becoming a tradition.  We had ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner, with an apple crostata Grammy made for dessert. 
 
After Grammy left, the three of us (plus Cadi) went for a hike down the hill behind our house to the stream below.  Coming back up definitely burned some of the many calories we'd consumed.
 


 
The day after Thanksgiving, we were blessed to have my college friend Alison and her family stop by on their way to visit relatives in C*nnecticut.  It had been a couple of years since we'd seen them, but Sarah warmed up quickly and got Alison to read her book after book.  The visit was over all too quickly, but we hope to see them more frequently now that we're in New Engl*nd.
 
 
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family at my mom's the following Sunday.  Lots of food, lots of fun, and some football when Don could squeeze it in.  Unfortunately, the only photo I have is of three people who shall remain nameless sitting on the couch eating enormous pieces of pie.  Discretion is the better part of valor....

No comments:

Post a Comment