Please pardon the overlap with my last post -- I have my reasons. :)
We started off the new year with ice skating at the DAR once again. There's nothing like having a whole lake to skate on. Sarah started out a bit tentative, pushing with the same foot over and over, but after a bit, she was really skating. Afterward, we joined the Huntleys at my mom's for a lobster dinner.
Sarah and Don made Swedish sausage the last day of Christmas vacation. I was conveniently absent.
We returned to the lake the next day, and Don was able to play a pick-up game of hockey, which made his year, I believe. He's in the tan jacket:
Unfortunately, by the next weekend, it had snowed, so we had to shovel before skating. In typical Sarah-fashion, she had to clear her own rink.
| These skates have seen some action in 45 years. |
Sarah and I did some skiing in another part of the park (up the street from my mom's) the same day.
It's Cookie Time again. Sarah set up shop at church with fellow Girl Scouts Grace and Aly.
Late in the month, Sarah's first grade class visited a nature center as part of their "Animals in Winter" unit. I tagged along, and we were treated to a pileated woodpecker working a tree about 30 feet off the trail.
And, on the last day of January, we all attended the Family Dance at Sarah's school. Sarah had a ball with her friends Molly, Ruby, and Katelynn, and Don and I heated up the dance floor a bit.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment