The close of the school year was bustling with Daisy Girl Scout activities. At the end of May, Sarah's troop participated in the town's Memorial Day observance.
In early June, we spent the day at the local Girl Scout camp. The most exciting activity was archery, which was new to both Sarah and me. Sarah did marvelously. She got a bullseye with some help from the instructor, then followed up with a respectable shot all on her own. I managed to hit the target two out of three times, as well. After an afternoon of activities, we enjoyed tin-foil dinners and singing around the campfire.
Two weeks ago, the girls bridged to Brownies. The ceremony was bittersweet for Sarah and me, as I have decided not to continue as a leader next year, so I can spend more time helping my sister and volunteering for Sarah's school. She was the last girl to go over the bridge, and she rather reluctantly left me on my own as she moved on to bigger things.
On Saturday, the troop went to a local park to celebrate their successful cookie sales. They played mini-golf, rode the pedal boats, had lunch, and rode the train.
And, finally, all of the troops in town got together tonight for a year-end pizza party. I think all of the girls will be going through withdrawal without a Girl Scout meeting until September.
















No comments:
Post a Comment