Monday, July 3, 2017

Stuff for Sale by Sarah

Last week, Sarah decided to have a tag sale. She spent the week going through her things, looking for items she could part with (never an easy undertaking). She found quite a bit (and cleaned out one jam-packed cupboard in the process). She was convinced she needed household items, however, so she begged me to find some.

On Saturday, Don set up some tables in the garage, and Sarah put her stuff on display. I helped her find a cash box, and she borrowed some change from her sharing jar to have on hand. When she was ready to go, we put a sign at the end of the driveway, and I posted a notice in our town's Facebook group.

I tried to manage her expectations, hoping she wouldn't be too upset when no one showed. Turns out, as with most things in life, quality is more important than quantity when it comes to tag sale customers. A good friend of mine stopped and spent $9, my mom came by and donated $2, and our lovely neighbors up the hill paid a visit and shelled out $7.50.

Sarah was thrilled with her $18.50 profit, and I was proud of her for planning and executing the project mostly on her own. She's a budding entrepreneur with a can-do spirit...and a pocket full of spending money for vacation.









No comments:

Post a Comment