Last weekend, Sarah was Violet the Flower and a Park Kid in her school's production of Alice In Wonderland, Jr. As usual, it was an amazing presentation for an elementary school. We are blessed with a community of talented and patient adults who give generously of their time. I helped a bit with costumes and made Sarah's headpiece -- with lots of coaching from those more creative than I.
The highlight of the performance for me was Sarah's front walk-over into the splits at the end of "The Golden Afternoon." You should have heard the audience gasp! If you had told me that shy, anxious kindergartener who refused to have a speaking part in the class skit would, five years later, perform a solo stunt in front of hundreds, I never would have believed you. I've learned, however, not to underestimate Sarah.
 |
| Credit: Holly Shadrick |
 |
| Credit: Holly Shadrick |
 |
| Credit: Holly Shadrick |
 |
| Credit: Holly Shadrick |
 |
| Credit: Holly Shadrick |
 |
| With her director, Anna |
No comments:
Post a Comment