Saturday, August 3, 2019

Ten Years Together

Yesterday, we celebrated the tenth anniversary of becoming a family. Time is a funny thing. On the one hand, it seems so long ago that this precious girl was placed in our arms, and on the other, it feels like last week.

Our celebration was low-key but luscious -- hot fudge sundaes at the general store in town. When we got home, Sarah opened her Family Day gift -- a scroll with a papercut of rats, representing her zodiac sign. She was a bit disappointed when I told her I found it at a local consignment sale instead of in China, but I need to supplement my stash to get her to 18!

Then we watched videos from our time in China. Such sweet memories. It was moving to watch Sarah slowly come out of her shell over those first two weeks. She was a character -- laughing and grunting at the camera like a silverback gorilla. That's my strong girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment