Sarah turned 14 on July 25. We had our traditional joint family celebration for her and my mom on the 23rd. It was fun to have everyone together, though we kept it all outdoors due to yet-another wave of COVID. Don grilled hotdogs and hamburgers, and I made chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (they were heavenly, if I do say so myself.)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
On her actual birthday, Sarah chose to go see the new Minions movie (The Rise of Gru) with her friend Julia, followed by shopping at Target and cupcakes at home. For dinner, we ordered Chinese takeout, Sarah's favorite.
That evening, I thought about Sarah's birth mom. Somewhere in China, a woman went through the day with a heavy heart, wondering if the daughter she gave birth to 14 years ago is alive and well. I said a prayer for her, though I don't know a thing about her, except that she felt she had no choice but to relinquish her baby, in hopes another woman would become the infant's mom. I sent a message through the universe to that woman whose child is my own, that she may know her baby is now a thriving teenager -- smart, kind, strong, talented, beautiful...and loved beyond measure.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment