Sunday, February 2, 2014

A New Look for the Living Area

When we moved in a year ago, I rather liked the gold sponge-painted walls of our entryway, living room, and dining room.  Our former house in W*sconsin had white walls that we never repainted, and I was thankful for some color.  As time went on, however, the look lost its appeal. 
 
A couple weeks ago, Don tackled the job of repainting.  Fortunately, he has a high tolerance for drudgery, as it took two coats of the new "Buff Oak" color to cover the old gold (not to mention painting a test wall three times with a color we decided was too white).
 
The gold sponge-paint look

"Haiku" on the left wall and "Buff Oak" on the right

Day 4

 
He also repainted the heating vent covers because some were rusted.
I love the finished product.  The new color makes the whole first floor look larger and more serene, and the woodwork and our oak furniture stand out more.





Now, on to the downstairs bathroom, the master bedroom, and the basement.  Sarah is lobbying for her room, also.  I'm thankful the groundhog saw his shadow so that winter weather will keep Don inside for six more weeks.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment