Saturday, February 22, 2014

Discovering Daisies Together

Last fall, Sarah brought home a flyer announcing an organizational meeting for a Daisy G*rl Sc*ut troop in town.  I was a Brownie and Junior when I was a girl, and, although I have only vague memories of the experience, I knew that scouting would be good for Sarah and that she would enjoy it.  I offered to help out with the troop, and, before I knew it, I was the leader.

I spent the next couple of months learning what being a leader entails and trying to stay one step ahead of the girls at our meetings.  All I can say is: I can't imagine doing this (like so many other things) without the Internet.  I received scant guidance from our home council and service unit but have found abundant resources online.  P*nterest saved my patootie.  

Since we got a late start this year, we're focusing on earning all the Daisy petals (which correspond to lines of the G*rl Sc*ut Law).  Daisies are in kindergarten and first grade, so we'll have next year to learn and do lots more.  

We had our investiture ceremony a couple of weeks ago, and Sarah was very excited to wear her uniform for the first time and receive her Daisy pin and some patches.  She's also been selling cookies and learning to total purchases and make change.  I'm so proud of her!


Dad was her special adult who put her pin
on her uniform at the investiture.


No comments:

Post a Comment