Thursday, September 8, 2016

"The Biggest and Best Little Fair in the Country"

I'm not qualified to judge whether the Cummington Fair lives up to its claim, but I do enjoy it. It has just enough going on to fill up a couple of hours (more, if you take in all the events) without being overwhelming. 

We went on Friday evening this year and brought Grammy along. We met up with Uncle George, Auntie Chelsey, Uncle Brian, and Kelley (and spied Sam and his girlfriend Karli from a distance), which made it more fun than usual. They all stayed for the demolition derby, but we went home after dinner.

The highlight for us this year was the "Horses, Horses, Horses" show. From the huge Friesian (a Dutch breed) down to the squirrelly pack of minis, the horses were beautiful and animated, and the show was highly entertaining. Sarah loved it, and I couldn't help but think how my sister would have also.

What metal post? Sheesh....







I love this photo of Sarah. It's not often that she lets her
guard down and gets caught up in the moment.
This was one of those times.



Sarah and Auntie Chelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment